QCustomPlot Discussion and Comments

Advanced interactionsReturn to overview

Hi,

First of all, I just wanted to say that this project is just great ! I've been looking for a good charting library for Qt for years, and I was thinking of starting my own project because I couldn't find one. Recently I discovered QCustomPlot, which is good-looking, has a very friendly API, and just works !

Now I would like to work on the interactions, to add some and make them more customizable. What is the best way to do it ? Should I create a fork on gitorious ? Does it have to keep retro-compatibily ? Do you have a plan to change the interactions that I could match ?

Thanks, and long live QCustomPlot !

Hi, what kind of interactions are you thinking of adding? I'm also interested in exploring advanced interaction techniques (such as linked brushing - see http://www.infovis-wiki.net/index.php?title=Linking_and_Brushing) on top of QCustomPlot.

Currently, I was just thinking about zooming a zone by drawing a rectangle, and maybe add tooltips on points.
I don't really get the idea of linking and brushing, can you provide a better example ?

Hi,

me too I'd be interested in a rubberband like zooming interaction (i.e. drag a rectangle to select a range on X axis, Y axis or both).

MaX.

Hi,

for "rubberband zooming" you could look at this:
http://www.qcustomplot.com/index.php/support/forum/227
But it's not integrated in QCustomPlot.

Benni

Hi,

I've spent some time on working on the interactions. If you are interested, you can test my work by getting the current gitorious clone :
https://gitorious.org/qcustomplot/wawanbretons-qcustomplot

To activate the rectange zoom interaction, just use the enumeration I added and call the setInteractions method

Please report any bug or feature request !

Hi wawanbreton,

I feel stupid: is there a place where I can find your modified qcustomplot.h/.cpp in your gitorious link above ?

It seems to me I have to run the "amalgamate" stuff, but I'm windows so it would be a bit of a pain ...

If you want, you can contact me via e-mail: max maini at gmail dot com

MaX.

Hi HornetMaX, I sent you the files by email, tell me in case you don't have them...

Forgot to reply to this one: wawanbreton's code works like a charm !
Very smart integration in QCP.

MaX.

Hello,

I wanted to know if wananbreton added interaction are planned to be merge in QCustomPlot ?

I found some implementation and managed to do what I wanted.

So it's quiet easy to add a rect zoomer :

_p_plot = new QCustomPlot();
        _p_plot->addGraph();
        _p_plot->setInteractions(QCP::iRangeDrag | QCP::iRangeZoom | QCP::iSelectPlottables);
        _p_plot->axisRect()->setRangeDrag(Qt::Horizontal);
        _p_plot->axisRect()->setRangeZoom(Qt::Horizontal);
        _p_plot->axisRect()->setRangeZoomAxes(_p_plot->xAxis, NULL); //To block y axis zoom NULL axis as horizontal
        _p_plot->setSelectionRectMode(QCP::srmZoom);

I'm new to QCustomPlot and for now I can do every thing I want !